Cipralex Days 1-3

Two nights ago I took my first dose of Cipralex.

My doctor prescribed it to me on September 26 and after taking one 5 mg dose, I decided that I would rather figure out some other way to deal with my anxiety than suffer the side effects of the medication. Well, nothing else has helped me and my anxiety has become worse and constant.

So, I looked at my calendar and figured out a good time to start it. I wanted to make sure that I had a fairly open schedule to deal with the start up side effects in my own way, which is staying in the comfort of my own home, with a hot pack and my family.

November 7th was the day. I decided to half the recommended dose and started with 2.5 mg. It is hard to cut the pill into quarters, but it seems to be worth it because the side effects are mostly mild so far. I am also taking the medication at suppertime so that I can sleep through the sleepy and gi side effects.

Day 1 - I already felt the "good" effects of the drug. There weren't really any horrible ones to note.

Day 2 - Still good effects. I woke up with a dull headache that lasted all day, and I noticed a huge increase in appetite. This will be good for me since I lost a bunch of weight due to IBS issues that I have mostly resolved. I currently weigh 99 lbs and I hope to gain some weight. I had a nice burst of energy a couple of hours after dinner, so I used it to vacuum, sweep and mop my floors because I have not been able to bring myself to do it for quite awhile now.

Day 3 - I woke up in the night/early morning because my heart was POUNDING. HARD. I breathed through it, trying to relax myself and calm my heart. I will have to look into ways to slow my heartbeat down a bit. I was a little afraid that I might have a heart attack. I was very happy to be able to get back to sleep relatively quickly.

This morning was a rough one. I woke up with a mild headache, shortness of breath and tingling extremities. Anxiety. I was mildly nauseous but had to get my kids ready for school and out the door anyway.

After dropping my daughter off at school, I came home and laid on the couch and listened to some calming frequency sound waves then some worship music. It seemed to help a little, and I went to pick my daughter up early from preschool so we could go to my son's assembly at his school.

While sitting waiting for the assembly to start, I got this weird piercing hot point in my chest. Then the tingly anxiety started up. Then the nausea. Then the hotness started to spread, across my chest, to the left and right. It crept up my neck too, and into my face. I focused on being thankful that I was warm for once. LOL

After that I was feeling pretty okay. There are still about 5 hours to my next dose, and I have no plans for the next four and a half days, so hopefully the headache will be gone by then, and everything will be evening out a little more.


Popular Posts