Vitamin B and Christmas Spirit

I've decided it is time to play with my supplement intake a little.  As much as I love the energy it gives me - it takes away my afternoon slump - it also has been giving me a lump in my throat.  I noticed that every day that I take my morning supplements, I immediately have a lump and uncomfortable swallowing on the left side of my throat that lasts for the day.  I also am noticing increased mucous presence in my throat and as post nasal drip for up to 48 hours afterwards.  Not worth it to me.  I looked up vitamin lump in throat on the internet and some of the pages that came up mentioned that my symptom could be an allergic reaction.  Today I took all my morning supplements but not my B100, hoping that was it.  But the lump is here now, so tomorrow I'll take away the vitamin C.

I also am noticing a serious lack of Christmas spirit this year.  I am just not into it.  All the Christmas music is depressing.  I can't wait for it to be done.  This isn't new, per se, I have actually seen a steady decrease over the years of my desire to "do Christmas".  It just has become all the things that I don't like.  My kids are really hard to buy gifts for, as they realize they don't NEED anything (proud of them for that) and getting them to make a list of stuff they want is near impossible.  I don't have time to wander around malls looking at everything to find "that perfect gift".  I feel like the gifts that we purchase or make for others outside of our family of six are just not enough.  Not expensive enough, not thoughtful enough, not good enough.  I don't like secrets or surprises.  I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of being kept in the dark about something right now.  This year Christmas has a whole different set up and time table than normal and I am already mourning the loss of our own little family traditions.  I know that my kids are going to have the best Christmas ever and I am so excited for them, but at the same time, sad for myself.

Comments

Popular Posts