Probably time for an update.

Well, I've been meaning to keep this up, but blogging has been one of those things that has just gotten put on the back burner for awhile.

I don't know what changed, but for awhile I was having trouble keeping up with everything.  I seem to be on the upswing now, though my dirty laundry pile is still out of control!!

I have now been on 5 mg of Cipralex for four months.  It seems like it should be longer for some reason.  It is still going well, and I have no desire to up my dose or try life without it yet.

I am doing well at maintaining my weight, and it usually fluctuates between 109 and 111 lbs.  However, I no longer feel well all the time anymore.  I think that I am slacking on eating enough, and it could be due to my new exercise routine.  I am struggling to fix this, but I hope that with all the knowledge I've gained from this whole process, I will figure out what my body needs very soon and I can be back to amazement at going through a day with no ailments!

Counseling is going well.  We have met with the counselor four times and he has worked with the family to sort out our (the kids') issues, which seem to be boundary related.  The first time I went by myself, the second and third times all six of us went and today I went with our two oldest (who I think need to work on their relationship the most) while my hubby worked from home and kept an eye on the two youngest.

I am currently in my fourth week of P90X.  I have a great support group going through it with me, and many other friends who are cheering me on and offering helpful tips and encouragement.  I love P90X (except the Yoga - that DVD is way. too. long.), and have started seeing changes already to my flexibility, stamina and strength.  My favourite workouts are XStretch (feels so good!) and KenpoX (because who doesn't like punching and kicking??).

It is the height of tax season and I am feeling pretty isolated socially.  I am SO THANKFUL for facebook, which I believe is a huge factor in keeping me sane.  I love that I have almost 300 people right there who I can strike up a conversation with when I feel the need to have adult interaction but can't leave the house.  Thank you to all my friends who enlighten me.  :D

New developments - I have created a new playlist!  I mentioned here that I made one awhile ago to bring me strength in the hard moments.  Well, now I have a happy one, and it makes my heart beat faster and makes me wiggle my booty while I do the more mundane household chores.  

My kids and I are going on vacation without my hubby soon.  We did it once before and it was pretty fun, but it is also the time that my IBS issues took a turn for the worse and became super serious.  I am hoping that this time will not produce the same results.  I am trusting that things will be more easygoing and laidback for me, and that we will all have a fabulous time (the kids and I with family and hubby getting some alone time).  :)

I have decided that I want to be more social.  Going out for "coffee" (well, a beverage that doesn't have to be coffee since I don't actually drink it) with friends, meeting people at parks to hang out or skate or toboggan or walk.  Stuff like that.  I want the friends that keep me sane on facebook to be IRL friends that I can really hug instead of just writing it, and I want to be a support to them like they have been to me.  This is a desire/goal I have had for so so long, and I have never made it happen.  Going into spring and summer, I want now to be the time.

I also hope to start running at some point in the next year.  It would  be nice if hubby and I could do it together...or anything together.  Our kids are getting older now, and I am looking forward to hubby and I getting to work on our relationship more as they become more independent.  Right now, we are as ships passing in the night...

 Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence.   Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth

Dramatic, hey?  :P  Just about two months to go.

I think that is about all for an update.  I am making it through this.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts