Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day.  It was a bit of a surprise; I didn't realize it was this weekend.  

My hubby had a workshop to attend all day.  Two of my children slept over at our friends' house, and the two here slept until about 9:15.  We managed to make it to church more or less on time, and my oldest boy and I spent the morning serving in the nursery.

After church, my seven year old bought Wendy's for the five of us for lunch, and my 10 year old bought slurpees for the five of us.

At home, I was showered with beautiful poetry, drawings, and love from my kiddies.  Then I took a nap to try to get rid of my headache.  My oldest dragged all the dirty laundry to the basement for me while I slept, and when I got up, I cleaned up our front patio and raked our backyard.  

We have gotten some nice gentle rain today, which is so needed and so appreciated right now.  I'm looking forward to my grass getting green.  

Hubby picked up pizza and pumpkin pie for dinner on his way home from his workshop.  We all ate and watched Big Brother Canada together, then the kids played their video games and showered and went to bed while I got some work work done and hubby did some homework.

It is 10:00 now, which is my target time for bed, so I am going to do some stretching and go to sleep.  My body has been so achy for the past few months; it comes and goes about weekly, and every time it comes, it is way more painful and uncomfortable than it was the time before.  I need to find a doctor that I trust soon.

Comments

Popular Posts