Refreshed

As I head off to bed tonight, I feel refreshed.  It was a good day.  No, a great day.  

I ate three meals.  

I put in over 7 hours of work today, completing two big projects and even fitting in a rush payroll job.  

I got my laundry and dishes caught up.  

I did errands, spray painting, made dinner. 

I sang out loud.  All. Day. Long. 

I convinced the kids to take out garbage and recycling, fold laundry, unload the dishwasher and wash walls.

One played with a friend after chores, three went to hap Ki do this evening.  One did overdue homework after a band rehearsal, chores and dinner.  For realz!  With minimal frustration or fight.

I worked on cleaning the couch today (it will take a few times to get it looking good again), washed the bathroom and wiped down all kitchen surfaces.

And for the first time in longer than I can remember, I did not need to nap this afternoon.

It feels great to have a clean house, kids in bed by 8:30, and to still be awake at 11:11pm and not feel so exhausted that I'm nauseous.  The tooth fairy must make a quick drop now while she can.

Today was great, and I hope to live more days like this.  And soon.

Comments

Popular Posts